A Human Scale Challenge Demands A Human Focused Solution
That permeates to all aspects of business today.
Now is the time to be true to your brand promise and adopt Human Marketing.
We’ll show you how.
Authenticity, Empathy, Advocacy
Nurture Your Relationships
- Reach out if you have not already
- Let them know how and if the coronavirus is affecting your company and what actions you are taking
- Let customers know what you are doing for them, this is a good time to help in real ways
- Ask them how it’s impacting them
- Regular outreach (vs. one-off) is important to ensure brand trust and loyalty
- Put yourself in their shoes
- Remember Human Marketing is about authenticity, empathy, advocacy
Humanize Your Digital
- Connect, Listen, Support
- Now is the time to use stories, anecdotes, humor, etc.
- Show your company’s personality
- Share your activities and progress
- Human-focused Content
- Thought leadership – inspiring, insightful
- Persuasive – entertaining, educational
- Storytelling – engaging
- Descriptive – to the point
- Human-Focused Delivery
- It’s not about the format/channel but your “voice”
- Have a conversation
- If you’re having fun, they’re having fun
Cultivate Your Community
- Your Community is
- A big tent
- Your sales funnel
- Community attributes that matter
- Strength: passion, connectedness, trust
- Size of community is important but secondary
- Define and explicitly cater to member categories
- Grow community
- Encourage participation via online forums, meet-ups, events
- Online courses, forums, user tips, demos, tutorials, etc.
- Inspirational content
- Share resources, how-to’s, trends/opinions, etc.
- Intel’s “Meet the Maker” Series
- Bottomline Technologies (computer security)
- How Airbnb and Apple build their brands with storytelling marketing
- 7 Examples of Storytelling Content You Can Use in Your Marketing Campaigns
- 5 Examples of Brilliant Online Brand Communities
- Geico Commercials
- Classic VW ads
- BMW “The Hire”